Saturday, December 20, 2014

Whose am I

As a Christian,  I am not my own. I was purchased - with a price. Though one segment of a life dedicated to thanking God for buying me back is being a servant of all, I am not the property of others.  I belong to the one.  The true one. The "I Am" that created,  maintains,  feeds with goodness,  and will judge all who call themselves by his name... and all that don't. 

For the longest time I have (in my effort to live as a servant of all) made the confusion inducing mistake that central to the servant-life is giving every effort to gauge the feelings and opinions of those around me. That, somehow, it is my responsibility to figure out how people are broken and adjust my healing process to fix them. This can be exhausting, and quite honestly destructive.

I believe I am supposed to constantly gauge how my life's temperature is in relation to God, and as a result I will be a servant of all.  I am not required to be a temperature gauge for everyone around me.  I am not the cure for all that is broken. I have found the cure. I am not the cure.

I want to live as a great subject in this theocracy.

No comments:

Post a Comment